+ Auf Inserat antworten
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5

Thema: 2 chairs to Germany

Neu im Zypern-Forum
    aus FFM
    2 Beiträge seit 11/2016

2 chairs to Germany

Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I couldn't find anything more suitable. My mother is a resident in Cyprus for many years, and would like to send 2 boxes to me in Frankfurt. Each box contains a chair, weights 10KG and has dimensions of 84cm tall, by 65cm wide and 59cm deep.

Can anybody advise how best to get these to Frankfurt? I am currently getting quotes from TNT, DHL etc for prices starting at €1750 - up to €2200. No, that was not a typo.... you read it correctly. I would expect to pay 1/10th of that.

Would anybody happen to be relocating back to Germany perhaps? I could contribute to the costs to the container.

I look forward to hearing from you if you have any ideas.

Thanks a lot.

2. Nach oben    #2
    Zypern-Insider Avatar von CY
    53 Jahre alt
    aus LCA/LIM
    2.866 Beiträge seit 05/2005
    Danke
    Hi geemac,
    have you asked a proper removal company for a quote?
    Like Orbit or Peter Morton or...... (feel free to google)
    That would be my suggestion.
    It might not be a tenth of what the couriers are quoting but should be considerably less.
    Good luck!

3. Nach oben    #3
    abgemeldet
    aus Paphos
    7 Beiträge seit 04/2016

Chairs

Hi Geemac,
    I assume the best would be to send the chairs with somebody on the plane. Find a person flying to frankfurt and they take it as lagguage, then it´s bulky lagguage and for an extra cost of a price per kg. that´s the easiest way.
    Regards Angela

4. Nach oben    #4
    Neu im Zypern-Forum
    aus FFM
    2 Beiträge seit 11/2016
    Thank you CY and satchmo. I have talked to Morton's and yes, I did get a cheaper price... but still more than I expected to send 20KG to Germany. The 'problem' seems to be the size and not the weight. I could take 200KG (in the same boxes) for the same price.

I think the option of taking them on the plane might work. Hmm.... means I'll just have to get out to Cyprus for some Winter sun and pick them up :-)

Thanks again for your input.

5. Nach oben    #5
    abgemeldet
    aus Paphos
    7 Beiträge seit 04/2016
    yes, just fly to frankfurt and visit the christmas market :-)

+ Auf Inserat antworten

Lesezeichen für 2 chairs to Germany

Lesezeichen