+ Auf Thema antworten
Ergebnis 1 bis 14 von 14

Thema: German speakers in Cyprus

Neu im Zypern-Forum
    4 Beiträge seit 02/2015

German speakers in Cyprus

Da ich ein neues Mitglied in diesem Forum bin, möchte ich erst einmal "Hallo" sagen! Vor kurzem habe ich angefangen Deutsch zu lernen, weil mich Deutschland und die deutsche Kultur, im allgemeinen, sehr interessieren. Deshalb würde ich gerne Leute kennen lernen, die Deutsch sprechen, am besten Muttersprachler, die in Zypern leben. Ich glaube sehr, dass dies mir helfen würde besser und sicherer mit der Sprache und der Kultur zu werden. Weisst du vielleicht wo sich Deutsche in Zypern treffen? Gibt es hier spezielle Orte (abgesehen vom Goethe Institut und der Deutschen Botschaft)? Ich würde mich sehr über eure Vorschläge freuen! Vielen Dank im voraus. Beste Grüße

(Many thanks to a friend for the translation).

2. Nach oben    #2
    Zypern-Insider Avatar von die6
    69 Jahre alt
    aus jetzt: Prastion/Avdimou
    473 Beiträge seit 04/2011
    Danke
    Hallo, soweit ich aus einem anderen Forum gesehen habe, bist Du Zypriote/ Zypriotin und lebst Nahe Nicosia????

3. Nach oben    #3
    Neu im Zypern-Forum
    4 Beiträge seit 02/2015
    Hallo die6,

First of all please excuse my English (I had a friend translate my previous post). I have been born and raised in Cyprus and yes, I live in Nicosia. Currently, I am studying and working at the same time. I don't mind meeting people from all over Cyprus. Actually, as far as I know, there are not that many Germans living in Nicosia. I know that most Germans live in Limassol or Pafos, correct me If I am wrong. Anyhow, the location is not a problem for me.

4. Nach oben    #4
    Zypern-Insider Avatar von CY
    53 Jahre alt
    aus LCA/LIM
    2.866 Beiträge seit 05/2005
    Danke
    Hi simple gal,
    there are some "regular" meetings in various cities. Some call them "Stammtisch".
    I know there is one in Paphos (location changes all the time), two in Larnaca (one is in the restaurant "Landhaus")
    In Limassol you have the german church community http://www.ev-kirche-zypern.de/index.php?id=131
    There is also a group on fb, although not all members there are located on the island. "Zypernfreunde" or something similar.

this is just from the top of my head...

5. Nach oben    #5
    Zypern-Fan
    aus Limassol
    37 Beiträge seit 05/2009
    Danke
    Hey there, kalimera,

I'm living in Limassol, struggling with learning Greek at the moment (married to a Cypriot, and it is not as easy as he says ). Would you be interested in a "tandem" exchange (Greek and German)? Unfortunately I have no car, so not really many opportunities to come to Nikosia, but I'd be happy to meet you in Limassol!

Katta

6. Nach oben    #6
    Neu im Zypern-Forum
    4 Beiträge seit 02/2015
    Hello CY,

Thank you so much for the reply and for the information! I will check this restaurant and this website. Do you know, by any chance,with which people should I get in touch regarding those meetings?
    I will also check this Facebook group, maybe I will find something that will help me.

Thank you once again!

7. Nach oben    #7
    Neu im Zypern-Forum
    4 Beiträge seit 02/2015
    Hallo Katta!

I will be very happy to meet you in person and help you with the Greek language. That would be a pleasure for me The next time I'm coming to Limassol will be for the Carnival. If there are any meetings of the German community in Limassol that you are aware of, please let me know

Vielen Dank

8. Nach oben    #8

67 Jahre alt
    aus Limassol
    195 Beiträge seit 01/2011
    Hi,

send me your phone number by private message and we can meet for a coffee when I am back in Cyprus. I am based in Limassol but have the office in Nicosia.

kind regards
    Ludwig

9. Nach oben    #9
    53 Jahre alt
    aus LCA/LIM
    Danke

10. Nach oben    #10
    Zypern-Insider Avatar von die6
    69 Jahre alt
    aus jetzt: Prastion/Avdimou
    473 Beiträge seit 04/2011
    Danke
    The ''Feierabend'' group is more for retirees

11. Nach oben    #11
    53 Jahre alt
    aus LCA/LIM
    Danke
    no idea, never went

They still speak German though, don't they ;o)

12. Nach oben    #12
    Zypern-Insider Avatar von tonicek
    72 Jahre alt
    aus Irgendwo zwischen Mélnik + Prag - CZ
    672 Beiträge seit 03/2011
    Danke
    Zitat Zitat von die6 Beitrag anzeigen
    The ''Feierabend'' group is more for retirees
    Yes, exactly, I was few years ago a member of FEIERABEND.de - but I finished very quick, it was not my living-style.

But they can give very good advices and recommandation for doktor's - medizin - medical prophylaxe . . . and so on.

Good Luck!

13. Nach oben    #13
    Zypern-Fan
    aus Limassol
    37 Beiträge seit 05/2009
    Danke
    Hi,

When will you be here for the Carnival? For the parade next Sunday? There it will be difficult for me to meet; we're going with the family as my brother-in-law is going to be one of the Wally's Another day would be fine, though!

Honestly speaking I haven't yet met any German community in Limassol - not sure there is one I tried to find a "Stammtisch" (group meeting evening) but the only ones I could find were held in Paphos. There are Germans living / meeting in Germasogeia as there is the German church; we went once for a Christmas market thing but as I have no car I normally don't go there...

14. Nach oben    #14
    53 Jahre alt
    aus LCA/LIM
    Danke
    hi again, I came across another faceook group which might be right up your street.
    I did not look closely into it though...
    "Learn German in Cyprus"
    But probably you know that one already )

+ Auf Thema antworten