Leider Nur mal wieder in Englisch aber gut und wir Unterstuetzen Catsnip schon seit langem:
Poison, what poison?
By Sir,

On Tuesday, CyBC1 broadcast an item about animal poisoning in Cyprus and how terrible it is. A police spokesman explained there was no great problem as the police had only had 20 cases of the poisoning of pets reported to them from across the island in the last two years. He went on to explain, that if called police will always attend and will take the remains of the poisoned animal away for testing by the relevant competent authority.
What a load of tosh!
Having had five cats belonging to my family and a neighbour’s cat poisoned in three separate incidents last month I can personally vouch for how difficult it is to get local police interested. Only after taking the dead bodies of my cats to the local police station and refusing to leave was a report taken. At this point officers did visit our home and speak to all of our neighbours, most of whom own cats or dogs. Unfortunately no trace of the person responsible has been found.
Our organisation has launched poisonwatch for Limassol based residents and I would urge that they contact us by email or telephone if they suffer the effects of poisoning in their area so we can attempt to warn as many other animal lovers of the risk to their pets in that particular part of Limassol.
Our website contains contact information and details of some immediate first aid steps should you discover your pet in time suffering from the effects of poisoning.
Russell Fryer, Secretary, Catsnip www.catsnip.co.uk, 25-933672 or 99-745148